Skip to Content
The Law Offices of W. Douglas McKeague The Law Offices of W. Douglas McKeague
Call Us Today! 714-888-4830
Post-Judgment Modifications

Post-Judgment Modification Lawyer in Orange County

Bringing More Than 4 decades of Trial Experience to Your Case

If you need to modify your child support or child custody judgment, it will be important to retain a divorce lawyer in Orange County as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of W. Douglas McKeague, we have more than three decades of litigation experience in California's courts. We know how to provide the proper evidence that can convince the court to modify your post-judgment order. With our firm at your side, you and your former spouse can come to a mutual agreement regarding a modification of the terms in your decree.

Modification of Child Support, Child Custody, or Alimony Orders

Once a couple goes through the process of divorce, the courts will issue a final decree of divorce, called the judgment of dissolution of marriage. The final decree will include a comprehensive written agreement that addresses the various terms that the couple has agreed upon, such as property distribution, child custody, visitation, and child and spousal support. Once the judgment has been finalized, each spouse will have a legal obligation to uphold his or her end of the decree.

Fortunately, the courts recognize that new issues can arise at any time. Life is constantly changing, and to accommodate the natural ebb and flow of families' needs, the family courts allow for post-judgment modifications in some cases. The courts will not just approve any modification; they will require significant proof before approving any type of judgment modification.

How Do I Establish Proof That I Require a Modification?

The courts may consider a modification to child support, child custody, or spousal support if you are able to provide enough evidence that you need a court order to be changed. Additionally, the courts will be looking for substantial evidence that the change in the order will be beneficial to your children. Showing cause for modification can require significant investigation and have lasting legal consequences if not handled properly.

Evidence you can present to the court when petitioning for a modification may include:

  • Change of income
  • Loss of job or change of job location
  • One parent has been incarcerated
  • One parent has become incapacitated or otherwise unable to care for the child
  • One parent has another child from another relationship
  • Evidence of domestic violence against the child
  • Significant changes in the relationship between parent and child
  • Significant changes in the needs of the child, cost of childcare, or education
  • Changes in the factors that were used to calculate child support

Call Our OC Attorney for Affordable Representation

If you wish to modify a court order, we recommend that you rely on our OC post-judgment modification attorney to pursue a modification of your post-judgment order. In cases in which your former spouse may be hesitant or uncooperative, modifications can become incredibly challenging. Having a compassionate, helpful lawyer at your side during and after your divorce can be invaluable.

Contact our Orange County family lawyer and ask about our reasonable rates! Initial consultation is free!

Work with an Experienced Divorce Attorney in Orange County

  • Avvo Clients' Choice - 2015
  • Avvo Excellent Rating - Featured Divorce Attorney
  • ThreeBest Rated
  • Top 10
  • Expertise
Client Reviews
"Doug ensured that my interests were protected, my integrity preserved. His warm, calm and professional demeanor instilled trust and confidence."

Doug ensured that my interests were protected, my integrity preserved. His warm, calm and professional demeanor instilled trust and confidence.

- Lorre L.