Free Case Evaluations 714.888.4830
Experienced Family Law Attorney Contact Our Firm for Help Enforcing Court Orders

Family Court Order Enforcement Lawyers in Orange County

Enforcing Custody and Support Orders Post-Divorce

If your divorce has been finalized, the court can hold you accountable. This means that you will be required to adhere to all terms of the divorce which are listed in your divorce agreement.

If your ex-spouse fails to obey these orders, the court can get involved and make sure that the terms are met.

Child Support and Spousal Support Enforcement

Is your ex playing the "deadbeat dad" or "deadbeat mom"? This is what the courts call an individual who fails to pay child support or spousal support as agreed upon by the court.

If your spouse refuses to pay support, you should NOT:

  • Ignore the problem
  • Keep calling your spouse about the issue
  • Complain about the issue to friends and family instead of talking to an attorney
  • Withhold your spouse's custody or visitation privileges

Instead, you need to:

  • Call an attorney
  • Collect evidence of misbehavior (missed checks, evidence of refusal etc.)
  • File paperwork regarding the issue with the court where your divorce was finalized
  • Attend the court hearing

With the help of a trusted Orange County family law attorney, we may be able to make sure your ex pays his or her alimony, spousal support or child support for years to come. In some cases, the courts will even enforce a wage garnishment which will require that the courts collect money out of each paycheck to cover child support and spousal support expenses.

Child Custody Court Order Enforcement

When you and your spouse divorces, the court created a child custody or visitation schedule. This schedule is often referred to as a time sharing plan or a parenting plan. It is essential that you adhere to the dates and times on this plan for child custody.

If you need to make changes to the schedule, you will have to go through the courts and request a modification. The court can also mandate these agreements and law enforcement may get involved if a parent proves that he or she cannot keep to the terms of the agreement.

If you want more information about court order enforcements, talk with an Orange County family lawyer at The Law Offices of W. Douglas McKeague today! Free initial consultation available!

Client Reviews

  • “He helped me do exactly what I wanted, with invaluable advice and guidance through my divorce.”

    Nicole Conner

  • “Mr. Mckeague delivered a 100% win for me and he worked with me every step of the way, so I never felt scared or alone in the process. ”

    Kathleen Coyne-Boyles

  • “I would highly recommend Doug if you ever need a divorce attorney.”
  • “ attorney with skill, experience and willingness to fight for you at trial if necessary”

    Kurt N.

  • “Attorney McKeague represented me in my divorce case and the process was painless and smooth. He was always attentive and wanted only the best for me ...”

    Jeanette C.

Stay Updated

  • Can Grandparents Be Guardians of Their Grandchildren?

    There are a vast number of reasons why grandparents might want to seek legal guardianship of their grandchildren, such as the death of the parents, or ...

    View More
  • Attorney McKeague Named One of the Top 3 Divorce Lawyers in Santa Ana, CA

    Our legal team at The Law Offices of W. Douglas McKeague is excited to announce Attorney McKeague’s selection to the Top 3 Divorce Lawyers in Santa ...

    View More
  • How Long Do I Have to Pay Alimony?

    Alimony payments are designed to provide financial support to the spouse who has less income. There are 2 types of alimony: temporary and permanent. ...

    View More

Contact Us Today

All Consultations Are Free and Confidential
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.